We are part of the Social Responsibility in the community!
We remain committed to our Social Responsibility by assisting communities with ongoing feeding schemes and donations. Notable beneficiaries include Mission of Charities, Anglican Catholic Church, Lansdowne Soup Kitchen and Helping Hand Missionaries to mention a few.
Our packaging involves predominantly cardboard boxes and BOPP plastic. In an attempt to lessen our impact on the environment, we engage in the following initiatives:
- Over 5500 paper flour bags as well as any cardboard packaging waste recycled monthly by a previously disadvantaged SMME.
- Clients purchasing items packaged in small plastic trays are encouraged to return them to us for cleaning, sanitizing and reuse.
- Well point water used for all ablution facilities, washing of vehicles and any other use for grey water.
- Solar power implementation coming soon, saving tonnes of Carbon emissions on an annual basis.
- LED lighting and power saving devices used extensively around the facility.
- Reducing our reliance on cardboard packaging, using reusable crates instead.